RSIF Ph.D. International Scholarships are available for Mozambique and Senegal candidates interested in receiving international-quality Ph.D. training. The Institute is currently accepting applications for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Why go for the RSIF Ph.D. International Scholarships?
The RSIF Ph.D. Scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, a competitive allowance to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance, and research costs. Students will be reinforced to spend 6-24 months in a ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute, or private company.
RSIF Ph.D. students become part of a growing network of rising leaders in ASET fields in SSA and will have access to RSIF competitive research grants upon completion of their Ph.D.
- University or Organization: Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund
- Course Level: Ph.D. degree
- Application Deadline: 31st March 2022 at 5:00 pm (East Africa Time; UTC+3)
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
RSIF Ph.D. International Scholarships’ Eligibility
To be eligible for the RSIF Ph.D. Scholarships, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Mozambique or Senegal.
- Have a relevant master’s degree in one of the fields of study.
- Meet the exact admission requirements of the RSIF African Host University where they would like to pursue a Ph.D. (see links to the AHU Ph.D. programs below, or go to the RSIF website.
- Be willing to enroll full-time in a Ph.D. program at an RSIF African Host University in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Should not be holding another Ph.D. scholarship, or currently be enrolled in any Ph.D. Program when applying to the RSIF Ph.D. scholarship.
- Be willing to spend 6-24 months in a ‘sandwich’ research post at an international partner institute.
- Affirm that their research goals are well aligned to the Priority Thematic Areas and contribute to Africa’s development.
- How to Apply for RSIF Ph.D. Scholarships: RSIF Ph.D. Scholarships are open to Mozambique and Senegal candidates interested in receiving international-quality Ph.D. training.
- Applicants apply for a scholarship to conduct Ph.D. research in a PASET Priority Thematic Area.
- Applicants apply to the recipe online portal indicating their preference for a Ph.D. program at approved AHUs (a current list of RSIF AHUs and Ph.D. programs is available here).
- The AHU and RSIF selection panels will review applications and make recommendations to the PASET EB for scholarship awards.
- On award of RSIF Scholarships, awardees must immediately complete registration to the selected RSIF AHU.
It is important to go through all application requirements before applying.