The Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China has made open the MOFCOM Scholarships at the Xiamen University in China for high-potential candidates from China and other developing countries who want to pursue English-taught master’s and PhD programmes at Xiamen University to apply for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The Xiamen University is a large teaching and research university offering 82 undergraduate programs, founded in 1921 as one of the notable institutions designated as a national, central University in China.
Why Apply for the MOFCOM Scholarships at the Xiamen University in China?
Xiamen University actively partakes in exchange programs and collaborative research projects and regularly hosts international seminars to enlarge the skills of its students as well as a strong team of faculty and staff that delivers a relatively complete range of educational programs to the students.
The following will be provided for the candidates by the University:
- Candidates are exempt from tuition fees, teaching material fees, research and survey fees, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fees;
- Free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend:
- 36000RMB per year per master’s student,
- 42000RMB per year per PhD student;
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
- Free medical insurance for international students;
- One-time round-trip international airfare for all the students, and a maximum of “n-1.”
- The annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review might continue enjoying full scholarships in the next year.
- Other expenses shall be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or the universities and not distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides students with financial assistance within their enrolled academic duration. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive the continuing sponsorship.
- University or Organization: Xiamen University
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by May 2022. Please consult the application receiving authority for the deadline of each year.
- Course Level: Master’s and PhD
- Award: 36000RMB Master’s student or 42000RMB PhD student
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China
MOFCOM Scholarships at the Xiamen University in China’s Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in English-Medium Master’s and PhD Programs offered by the University
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates are required to meet all the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China and under the age of 45;
- Candidates must be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not have any of the under-listed diseases or situations:
- Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations.
- Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases which may harm public health
- In the recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
- Severe physically challenged
- How to Apply for the MOFCOM Scholarships at the Xiamen University in China: Candidates are required to apply online to the programme at the university online portal. Then, visit the www.campuschina.org, click “Scholarship Application for Students”) and printed the hard copy.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates are expected to present the following to the university:
- Photocopy of the highest diploma
- Photocopy of highest diploma
- Photocopy of academic transcripts
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal, a resume including the educational background and working experience after high school; Applicants for entry to the School of Economics or Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics are expected to complete the attached Study Plan Form for their Master’s Program Application.
- Two recommendation letters, including one from the current employer and one from an academic perspective
- Physical Examination Record for Inbound Travellers
- Photocopy of a valid regular passport.
- Certificate of No Criminal Records
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must hold a previous degree certificate.
- Language Requirement: Candidates have to submit the English proficiency certificate; (a TOEFL iBT certificate with a score of 80 or above, or an IELTS certificate with an overall score of 6.0 or above. Applicants who have taken all courses in English during their bachelor’s degree studies are exempt from this requirement, but a medium-of-instruction certificate from the University should be furnished. Native English speakers are exempt from this requirement.)