The Ministry of Education and Science International Scholarships is inviting International students, especially South Africans who want to continue their higher education (bachelor‘s, master’s, or Ph.D degree) studies to apply for the Department of Higher Education and Training for Bachelor’s, Masters, and Ph.D. Scholarships for full-time studies in Kazakhstan for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The Department of Higher Education and Training was created in the year 2009 and is one of the departments of the South African government that overseas universities and other post-secondary education institutions in South Africa.
Why Apply for the Ministry of Education and Science International Scholarships?
The Department of Higher Education and Training operates in capacity with various other governments and institutions to facilitate and sustain the opportunities and uptake of international scholarships and aimed at developing capable, well-educated, and competent citizens who are able to compete in a sustainable, diversified, and knowledge-intensive international economy, which meets the development goals of the country.Selected candidates who will be awarded this scholarship will be given the total cost of tuition and a monthly allowance based on the academic programme.
- University or Organization: Department of Higher Education and Training
- Application Deadline: Applications for this scheme will close on 30th June 2022.
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master, or PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and Allowance
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Kazakhstan.
Ministry of Education and Science International Scholarships’ Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: All applicants are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Eligible candidates can apply for a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD programme at any of the participating universities in Kazakhstan.
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates are required to meet all the following/given criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must be foreign citizens including persons of Kazakh nationality who are not a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Candidates are required to meet the specific academic entry requirements for their chosen study programme
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA or equivalent for a master’s.
- Candidates must hold a master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA or equivalent for Ph.D.
- Candidates must be willing to undertake a medical examination.
- Candidates must have applied for a degree programme at one of the participating universities.
- How to Apply for the Ministry of Education and Science International Scholarships: Candidates are expected to first apply for admission to their university of choice through its own application process, after which they can submit a scholarship application form to be considered for this award.
- Supporting Documents: Eligible candidates are expected to submit the following documents to the university:
- Qualifications certificates and transcripts
- Motivational essay in Kazakh or Russian, or English
- 1-2 letters of recommendation in Kazakh or Russian, or English
- A medical certificate for studying abroad
- Letter of invitation from the Kazakhstan university (if available).
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must meet the entry requirements of their respective universities.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must present scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS Academic – 5.5
- TOEFL IBT – 46
- TOEFL PBT – 453
- Deutsche Sprachpruefung fuer den Hochschulzugang (DSH, Niveau B2/level B2)
- TestDaF-Prufung (Niveau B2/level B2);
- TFI (Test de Français International™) – not lower than B2 level in reading and listening sections)
- DELF (Diplome d’Etudes en Langue française) – level B2
- DALF (Diplome Approfondi de Langue française) – level B2
- TCF (Test de connaissance du français) – at least 50 points.