The University of Tokyo is delighted to offer the Honjo International Foundation Scholarships to aid outstanding candidates in Japan for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The main goal of this programme is to enable Japanese and privately funded international students to be enrolled in a graduate school in Japan.
The University of Tokyo, being a public research university ranking number 1 in the nation aims at nurturing global leaders with a healthy sense of public obligation and a pioneering spirit, having profound specialism and comprehensive understanding.
Why study at the University of Tokyo?
The University of Tokyo is believed to be the most selective and prestigious university in Japan and also a leading national university that expands the boundaries of human knowledge in partnership with society. University Tokyo furnishes its scholar’s sole experiences through different methods of learning, as well as imparting the kind of practical knowledge that employers look for today.
The university will provide all the following advantages at the university:
- Duration of 1-2 years with 200,000 JPY/month
- Duration of 3 years with 180,000 JPY/month
- Duration of 4-5 years with 150,000 JPY/month
- University or Organization: University of Tokyo
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by April 30 (Sat), 2022
- Course Level: Master’s or Doctoral
- Award: 200,000 JPY/month
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Japanese and international
- The award can be taken in Japan
Honjo International Foundation Scholarships’ Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Japanese and international students are eligible to submit their applications.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Masters or Doctoral programmes offered by the University of Tokyo.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the Honjo International Foundation Scholarships, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Privately financed international students enrolled in a graduate school in Japan in September 2022 or planned to enroll in September 2022.
- Doctoral Course students starting/ having started their course before becoming 35 years old; Master’s Course Students before becoming 30 years old.
- Those who can communicate well in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese.
- How to Apply for the Honjo International Foundation Scholarships: Students must submit an admission application for the designated programme. After which they are required to follow the steps to apply for this funding opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with their application.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have a previous degree from any recognized university.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to have Japanese and English language skills.